Wisconsin Institute of Urology Updates
WIU is doing everything possible at both our clinic and surgery center to protect staff and limit spread of the virus. Precautions we are taking include:
- following all recommendations from the Center of Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the WI Department of Public Health on screening of patients, testing of patients and the use of personal protective equipment.
- directing staff members who are not feeling well to stay home
- requiring all people - employees and patients - to wear a mask and take their temperature upon entering our facility (symptomatic or not)
- offering telehealth visits when appropriate for the visit type
- signage placed strategically on waiting room chairs to allow appropriate distancing between patients in the waiting rooms
- adjusting appointment time slots to create less congestion/gathering in the waiting areas
- having patients call (886-7156) from the parking lot to answer screening questions
- adjusting provider schedules to limit the number of physicians and staff working in patient areas. This also includes the temporary closure of our outlying clinics, including Waupaca, Shawano, Fond du Lac, New London and Ripon through the month of June.
- lobby chairs and tables are wiped down every 2 hours
- exam rooms are cleaned with disinfectants between every patient
Thank you for your patience as we navigate through this difficult time. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Please refer to the Center of Disease Control & Prevention for the most up-to-date information about Coronavirus (COVID-19)